Change CMOS Battery on Acer Aspire 6930 Laptop Guide
The Complimentary Oxide Semiconductor, or CMOS battery in your Acer Aspire 6930 is a small, round battery--much like the battery in a wristwatch--that powers various basic internal components of your computer while it is turned off. For example, your computer's internal clock is powered by the CMOS, so if you turn on your Aspire and the clock display isn't functioning, chances are you need a new CMOS battery. To access this battery, you have to disassemble your computer to gain access to the motherboard.
1. Turn off your Acer Aspire 6930 and remove any cables or peripheral components from the device, including the power cable.
2. Push the battery release button located on the side of the Acer Aspire 5920 battery compartment up and remove the battery.
3. Gently remove the disk drive by sliding it out of its compartment on the side of the computer.
4. Turn your Acer Aspire 6930 over on a flat surface and use your Phillips screwdriver to remove all the screws from the hard drive and Wi-Fi compartments located in the middle of the underside of the computer. The hard drive compartment is the largest on the underside of the computer and the Wi-fI compartment is marked Wi-Fi.
5. Remove the hard drive and Wi-fi compartment covers. Remove the thick, rectangular hard drive by sliding it out of the compartment and unplug the Wi-Fi antenna cables from the thin rectangular Wi-Fi card sitting in the compartment.
6. Turn your Aspire right-side up and open it so the screen is facing you. Remove the long plastic bezel (frame) from the top of the keyboard by lifting it up at the corner and gently prying it off with the tips of your fingers. This will expose the two screws that secure the keyboard to the computer.
7. Lift the keyboard up with your fingers and place it face down on the front of the computer. Unplug the single connector ribbon running from the computer to the back of the keyboard, then unplug the single cable that runs from the computer to the touchpad. Unplug these cables from the back of the keyboard and touchpad.
8. Lift the internal metal housing up from the back of the computer, then lift it up from the sides and gently pull it up and separate it from the laptop. Set the metal housing aside.
9. Locate the CMOS battery in the corner of the green motherboard that should be visible after you extract the metal housing. It is a small circular, silver battery and will be labeled "CMOS." Lift it from its small compartment and replace with your new CMOS Acer BATCL50L Battery. Make sure your new CMOS battery is an identical model to the one you removed. You can match the battery models by the etchings on the front or you can consult your Acer laptop battery retailer.
10. Reassemble your Acer Aspire 6930 in the reverse order you took it apart.
Dell latitude d531 battery
Li-ion, 4400 mAh, 11.1 V
only AU $57.78
What to Know Before Buying a Spare Laptop Battery
There are many repalcement laptop batteries manufacturers, and even more retailers to buy your laptop battery from. However, your biggest concern in purchasing a laptop battery will be to choose the battery that fits your computer. For this you will need to know the make and model number of your laptop; if you don't know his offhand or don't have the necessary paperwork, check the inside of your laptop's battery compartment while the computer is off and unplugged. There you should find the model number, along with some other information. You may also find the part number of your laptop battery, located on the casing of the battery itself.
Dell latitude D630 Laptop Battery
Li-ion, 4400 mAh, 11.1 V
only AU $58.61
How to Choose a Replacement Laptop Battery:
When buying a laptop battery pack, you will probably only have one or two choices that fit your computer. Choose the HP probook 4710s battery with the longest life available for your computer. There are several different kinds of cheap laptop batteries; because the technologies of each are very different, a laptop must be designed specifically for the type of battery it uses. Most laptops are only designed to use one type of battery technology.
Related post: Troubleshooting sony vaio laptop battery issues
Laptop Battery Specifications and Care Tips
How to improve MacBook Pro laptop battery life
How to Maximize Your Dell Laptop Battery Performance
How to optimize laptop battery power
How to Charge Dell Inspiron 6400 Battery
How to Manage Lithium Laptop Batteries
How to Fix HP Laptop Battery Drain
Professional Battery Knowledge Tips & FAQ
How to Rebuild Fujitsu Laptop Battery
Laptop battery and ac adapter issues troubleshooting guide
Choosing Between Compatible Laptop Batteries and OEM Laptop Batteries Tips
Quality Battery Supplier --> Laptop Battery Care Guide
|Thursday, Feb 22, 2011 by discount laptop battery shop|
Finding your laptop Brand & Model
|Friday, Jan 21, 2011 by laptop battery shop|
|What’s the best way to extend the service life of your laptop battery? Not runtime between charges, but how many charges you can get from a Lithium Ion laptop battery before it will not longer hold a useful charge...|